Now that Thanksgiving is around the corner, it’s time to be planning the Big Day Menu. In many households it wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without Candied Sweet Potatoes. I think every family has it’s favorite way of making candied yams or sweet potatoes. I know that when I served this recipe last year, everyone declared it the best Candied potatoes they had ever tasted.
Here is the ingredient list.
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ½- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- couple dashes ground clove
- 1 ½ – 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon real vanilla extract
Click on the next page link for the entire recipe and watch the video on how to make candied sweet potatoes: