This rustic chicken and mushroom pie is very flavorful and satisfying. It is made with several varieties of mushooms and is a mushroom lovers dream. The lattice crust is made with premade refrigerated pie crust so it is very easy. This is a great luncheon or supper meal served with a side salad.
Chicken Mushroom Pie
- 1 unbaked pie crust, refrigerated (see recipe here)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium leeks, peeled, sliced and well rinsed
- 3 pints mixed mushrooms, cleaned and thickly sliced or quartered (they shrink down quite a bit) You want a chunky texture.
- 1/4 flour
- 1/2 cup dry sherry (or another fortified wine like Marsala or Vermouth)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock, heated in the microwave for 2 minutes
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas, no need to thaw
For further directions, check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs, a printable recipe and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes click on the button below:
Source: The View from Great Island.com
Featured image source: The View from Great Island.com
All recipes and photos are copyrighted by the original owner unless otherwise noted. All photos have full attribution and are linked to original site. If any of these photos belong to you and you do not want them displayed on this site, please contact us and we will take action immediately.